It’s time to give your dishwasher some attention.
The mundane task of loading the dishwasher could be made more efficient and effective. Check out these dishwasher do’s, and tips and tricks for getting the best use out of your dishwasher:
- Do develop a system of organization: Instead of quickly tossing your supper dishes into your dishwasher, develop a game plan. Some loading tactics are more effective than others. Place large items inside first to determine how much room you’ll have left, and carefully load the rest while taking advantage of the space you have.
- Do face dishes toward sprayer arms: When you load your dishwasher with no rhyme or reason, there’s a good chance some items will need another cycle to get completely clean. Try placing bowls and plates facing toward the sprayer arms — this will maximize surface area in direct contact with water jets.
- Do clean your dishwasher regularly: As dirty as your dishes get, your dishwasher can get dirty, too. Clean your dishwasher every so often so you’re not stuck with a filthy appliance that’s not operating at maximum efficiency.
- Do separate your silverware: Loading your dishes by type seems most effective when you unload and don’t have to separate the forks, spoons and knives. But when your spoons spoon, they’re not going to get completely clean. Be sure to place silverware with the heads up and make sure they’re not too close to one another.
- Do choose a strategic time to run: If you press the start button on your dishwasher as the shower is trying to get hot and the laundry is running, you’re not making the most of your hot water. Strategically run your dishwasher by pressing ‘start’ right before you go to bed. This will prevent appliances competing for hot water in your home. But if the dishes inside require immediate cleaning, don’t put off the task of running it!
If your dishes still aren’t getting clean, there could be a problem with your plumbing system. If that’s the case, Mike Diamond Services can help. Our professionals are experts at drain cleaning, water heaters and more. Contact us today to learn more or schedule a service. We’re happy to answer questions you have about dishwasher do’s.