Mike Diamond’s expert plumbers specialize in water heater replacement and repair. Whether you need a quick water heater repair, want help installing a water heater ASAP, or need an expert to walk you through replacing a water heater, the Smell Good Plumbers are the service to call. See our full service area to find the best local water heater replacement Los Angeles, Orange County, or Southern California has to offer. Whatever your water heater repair or replacement needs, we’ll show up fast, get the job done right, and smell good doing it - guaranteed.
How Does Mike Diamond Water Heater Repair Work?
Whether you know you need a repair or you just suspect a problem, give us a call. Our customer support team will refer the nearest Mike Diamond expert to your location right away. If you need help now, you can even call our hotline for emergency service 24/7/365.
Our expert arrives on time with one of our signature fully-stocked trucks, diagnoses your problem, explains the best way to fix it, and even provides a free* estimate on how much it will cost. We also offer Los Angeles tankless water heater repair you can always count on.
Free In-home Water Heater Estimates*
Mike Diamond offers a free in-home estimate for all residential conventional tank-type water heater work. If you need your tank-based water heater repaired or replaced, our experts will tell you how much the work costs for free, guaranteed.
*Exclusions: All apartments, commercial units, and tankless units will require a paid house call.
How Does Mike Diamond Water Heater Replacement Work?
If your water heater can’t be repaired effectively, we’ll walk you through the steps required to replace it. We’ll explain the benefits of tank or tankless water heaters and gas or electric water heaters, help you find the right size and brand, and order or install the water heater.
If we have the water heater with us, we can install it immediately. Otherwise, we’ll schedule a return visit to make the water heater installation ASAP.
6 to 10 Year Water Heater Warranty
Any conventional (30-40-50 gallons gas tank style) water heater Mike Diamond installs in your home comes with a 6 to 10 year warranty (most water heaters last an average of 12 years). If your water heater fails during the warranty, Mike Diamond will fix or replace it at no charge – including the labor.
How Can I Tell If My Water Heater Needs to Be Repaired or Replaced?
Here’s how Mike Diamond will probably recommend fixing most common water heater problems and why:
My water heater doesn’t produce enough hot water
- The thermostat isn’t set properly
- The tank isn’t big enough
- The tank is leaking
- The dip tube is broken
- The heating element is malfunctioning
- Reset and adjust the thermostat to the correct temperature (usually 120 degrees)
- Replace the tank with a bigger tank
- Patch the tank leak
- Repair or replace the dip tube
- Repair or replace the heating element
Verdict: An expert can probably repair the problem, but may suggest upgrading to a larger water tank.
Water takes too long to heat up
- The heating element is malfunctioning
- Sediment or rust are preventing the element from heating the water properly
- Replacing the heating element
- Draining and flushing the tank to remove sediment
- Replacing the tank
Verdict: Replacing the heating element is a simple job. If too much sediment builds up, however, then experts will have to replace your tank.
My hot water is rust-colored or smelly
- There is a high concentration of sulfates in your tank, probably from sediment buildup
- The anode rod is rusted or corroded
- Draining and flushing the tank
- Replacing the anode rod
Verdict: Replacing the anode rod is a simple repair job. If sediment buildup is too significant, however, then experts will have to replace it.
Valve or tank is leaking
- If the tank itself is leaking, then it is corroded from the inside
- If a valve is leaking, then the temperature-relief or pressure relief valve may be damaged
- If the tank is leaking, the only fix is replacing it
- If valves are leaking, they may be able to be replaced without replacing the whole tank
Verdict: Determine where the leak is coming from. If the tank itself is leaking, call experts to help you replace it right away.
What Kind of Water Heater Replacement Should I Choose?
Getting to know the advantages and disadvantages of each variety of water heater will give you an idea of what to keep in mind when deciding. Here’s what you should know:
Gas Water Heaters
- Does not raise your electricity bill to operate
- Heats more water
- Comes in a wide range of sizes
- Higher upfront installation cost
- Tends to require more maintenance
- Much larger
Electric Water Heaters
- Much smaller
- Cheaper to install and less maintenance intensive
- Only heats water when you need it, which tends to make them more energy efficient
- Uses electricity to heat water, which will raise your power bill
- Does not heat as much water at once, so hot water isn’t available as quickly
- Cannot operate during power outages
Conventional Water Heaters
- Supplies more hot water at once
- Cheaper to purchase and install
- Easier to maintain
- Less energy efficient
- Much larger and more cumbersome
- May temporarily stop supplying hot water if the tank empties
Tankless Water Heaters
- High efficiency
- Can provide some amount of hot water for much longer
- MUCH smaller
- More expensive to buy and install
- My not be able to keep up with high demand for hot water all at once
- May require more maintenance
For more information on how to figure out which water heater is right for you, check out the advice in “How to Choose Your Water Heater.”
Why Mike Diamond?
There are three main reasons why you should choose Mike Diamond for all your water heater repair and water heater replacement needs. No water heater expert in LA can offer service that is as:
- Fast: Mike Diamond can come to you whenever you need us, and we’ll come with everything we need to get the job done then and there.
- Respectful: Mike Diamond commits to our “Smell Good Plumber Promises” on every call we take. We show up on time, never make a mess, and treat you with the respect you deserve.
- Reliable: All Mike Diamond work comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If our water heater repair or replacement work doesn’t meet your expectations, we’ll make it right for free – guaranteed.
Mike Diamond is the best water heater repair and water heater replacement Los Angeles has to offer. No matter what your water heater problems, our experts are ready can help right now.
Contact us from anywhere in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Bernardino, or Ventura County, and we guarantee you’ll always get the best water heater Los Angeles has. Guaranteed.
Important Notice for GE and Rheem Water Heaters-
We do not offer Repairs for these units.
Due to manufacturing and design issues beyond our control, we do not repair or replace parts on General Electric water heaters. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are happy to replace your troubled water heater with a new unit that is fully warranted and serviced by Mike Diamond Services.