Mike Diamond’s expert plumbers specialize in water heater replacement and repair in Los Angeles, Ventura and Orange County. Whether you need quick water heater repair, want a water heater installed ASAP, or need an expert to walk you through replacing your water heater, the Smell Good Plumbers are the service to call. See our full service area to find the best local water heater replacement in Los Angeles, Orange County, or Southern California. Whatever your water heater repair or replacement needs, we’ll show up on time, get the job done right, and smell good doing it - guaranteed.
How Does Mike Diamond Water Heater Repair Work?
If your hot water isn’t working properly, give us a call. Our customer support team will refer the nearest Mike Diamond expert to your location right away. If you need help after hours, you can even call our hotline for emergency service 24/7/365.
Our expert will arrive on time in one of our fully stocked trucks to diagnose your problem, explain the best way to fix it, and even provide a free* estimate on how much it will cost. We also offer Los Angeles tankless water heater installation and repair. If you’re interested in a smaller, more economical unit for your home or business, ask about the products we install.
Free In-home Water Heater Estimates*
Mike Diamond offers free in-home estimates for all residential conventional tank-type water heater work. If you need your tank-based water heater repaired or replaced, our experts will tell you how much the work will cost up front. If your water heater requires certain parts, we’ll tell you the water heater element replacement cost so you can make an informed decision.
*Exclusions: All apartments, commercial units, and tankless units require a paid house call.
How Does Mike Diamond Water Heater Replacement in Los Angeles & Surrounding Areas?
If your water heater can’t be repaired, we’ll walk you through the steps required to replace it. We’ll explain:
- The benefits of tank vs tankless water heaters.
- Gas vs electric water heaters.
- The right size and brand for you.
Once you’ve decided on a water heater to match your needs and budget, we’ll order your new water heater. If we have the right water heater with us, we can install it immediately. Otherwise, we’ll schedule a return visit to make the water heater installation ASAP.
6 to 10 Year Water Heater Warranty
Any conventional (30-40-50-gallon gas tank style) water heater Mike Diamond installs in your home comes with a 6 to10 year warranty (most water heaters last an average of 12 years). If your water heater fails during the warranty, Mike Diamond will fix or replace it at no charge – including the labor.
How Can I Tell If My Water Heater Needs to Be Repaired or Replaced?
Here’s are some of the most common water heater problems and how Mike Diamond will likely recommend fixing them:
My water heater doesn’t produce enough hot water
- The thermostat isn’t set properly.
- The tank isn’t big enough.
- The tank is leaking.
- The dip tube is broken.
- The heating element is malfunctioning.
- Reset and adjust the thermostat to the correct temperature (usually 120 degrees).
- Replace the existing tank with a larger one.
- Patch the tank leak.
- Repair or replace the dip tube.
- Repair or replace the heating element.
Verdict: An expert can probably repair the problem but may suggest upgrading to a larger water tank.
Water takes too long to heat up
- The heating element is malfunctioning.
- Sediment or rust are preventing the element from heating the water properly.
- Replace the heating element.
- Drain and flush the tank to remove sediment.
- Replace the tank.
Verdict: Replacing the heating element is a simple job. If too much sediment has built up, however, we’ll recommend you replace your tank.
My hot water is rust-colored or smelly
- There is a high concentration of sulfates in your tank, probably from sediment buildup.
- The anode rod is rusted or corroded.
- Drain and flush the tank.
- Replace the anode rod.
Verdict: Replacing the anode rod is a simple repair job. If sediment buildup is too significant, however, we’ll recommend you replace your water heater
Valve or tank is leaking
- If the tank itself is leaking, it’s probably corroded from the inside.
- If a valve is leaking, then the temperature-relief or pressure relief valve may be damaged.
- If the tank is leaking, the only fix is replacing it.
- If valves are leaking, we may be able to replace them without replacing the entire tank.
Verdict: Determine where the leak is coming from. If the tank itself is leaking, call experts to help you replace it right away.
What Kind of Water Heater Replacement Should I Choose?
Get to know the advantages and disadvantages of each variety of water heater. Here’s what you should know:
Pros and Cons of Gas Water Heaters
- Does not raise your electricity bill to operate.
- Heats more water.
- Comes in a wide range of sizes.
- Higher upfront installation cost.
- Tends to require more maintenance.
- Much larger.
Pros and Cons of Electric Water Heaters
- Much smaller.
- Cheaper to install and less maintenance intensive.
- Only heats water when you need it, which tends to make them more energy efficient.
- Uses electricity to heat water, which will raise your utility bill.
- Does not heat tank of water at once, so hot water is limited to its capabilities.
- Cannot operate during power outages.
Pros and Cons of Conventional Water Heaters
- Supplies more hot water at once.
- Cheaper to purchase and install.
- Easier to maintain.
- Less energy efficient.
- Much larger and more cumbersome.
- May temporarily stop supplying hot water if the tank empties.
Pros and Cons of Tankless Water Heaters
- High efficiency.
- Can provide steady amount of hot water for much longer.
- MUCH smaller.
- More expensive to buy and install.
- My need multiple units to keep up with high demand for hot water all at once.
- May require more maintenance.
For more information on how to figure out which water heater is right for you, check out our advice in “How to Choose Your Water Heater.”
Why Choose Mike Diamond?
There are three main reasons why you should choose Mike Diamond for water heater replacement and water heater repair in Los Angeles. No water heater expert in LA can offer service that is as:
- Fast: Mike Diamond is there whenever you need us. And we’ll come ready with everything we need to get the job done then and there.
- Respectful: Mike Diamond commits to our “Smell Good Plumber Promises” on every call we take. We show up on time, clean up our mess, and give you the red-carpet treatment.
- Reliable: All Mike Diamond work comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If our water heater repair or replacement work doesn’t meet your expectations, we’ll make it right for free – guaranteed.
Call Mike Diamond today for the best water heater service Los Angeles has to offer. No matter what your water heater problems, our experts are ready can help right now.
Schedule service from anywhere in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Bernardino, or Ventura County.
Important Notice for GE and Rheem Water Heaters-
We do not offer Repairs for these units.
Due to manufacturing and design issues beyond our control, we do not repair or replace parts on General Electric water heaters or perform any GE water heater service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are happy to replace your malfunctioning water heater with a new unit that is fully warranted and serviced by Mike Diamond Services.
If you have a GE or Rheem water heater and booked a service call to repair your unit, please cancel your appointment. If you want to replace your water heater with a Mike Diamond recommended water heater, we are happy to still keep your appointment as planned.