As a home or property owner, you’re responsible for maintaining all gas lines carrying natural gas from your gas meter to the inside of your home. Have your natural gas pipes periodically inspected by a licensed plumber to help identify and repair any corrosion and leakage that could be causing unsafe conditions. If you’re currently experiencing a gas leak in your home, leave the Premises and call us immediately. Do NOT use your phone inside! For all your residential gas leak repair needs in Southern California, trust the expert plumbers at Mike Diamond. We perform fast and reliable gas leak repair Orange County, CA and L.A. can count on.
Gas Leak Repair Los Angeles & Orange County
Natural gas is a clean-burning and affordable approach to operating appliances and heating homes. There are still some drawbacks, however, as a natural gas leak can cause damage to your home, result in health hazards and worse. To properly maintain your gas lines, you should have them periodically inspected by a licensed plumber to help identify and repair any corrosion and leakage that could be causing unsafe conditions.
Mike Diamond Services | C – 36 Plumbing Licence #399170
Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) is only responsible for maintaining the gas lines that carry natural gas to your meter. If you’re the home or property owner, you are responsible for maintaining all gas lines carrying natural gas from the meter to the inside of your home.
Signs You Have a Gas Leak In Your Home
Dead or dying vegetation near gas pipeline areas or exposed pipeline after an earthquake, flood or other disaster.
In its pure form, natural gas is invisible, tasteless and odorless. This is why natural gas companies add Mercaptans (Thiol), a sulfer-like odorant used to indicate the “smell of natural gas”. Many recognize this as a “rotten egg” smell.
Listen for a hissing or roaring sound coming from areas near natural gas lines
How To Confirm You Have a Gas Leak
If you see, hear or smell signs of a gas leak, confirm your suspicion using a mix of water and dish soap. Spray the solution on the pipe or gas line in question. If the sprayed area begins to bubble, you’ve identified the location of a gas leak.
If possible, shut off the supply to the affected area, leave the premises and call a professional gas leak plumber.
Symptoms From A Gas Leak
If you notice changes in your health and experience light headedness, it could be due to a house gas leak. Symptoms of natural gas exposure include:
- Chest pain
Don’t stay in your home if you suspect illness from natural gas poisoning. Leave and call a professional gas leak service like Mike Diamond.
What to Do If You Have a Gas Leak
If you smell gas in your home, remain calm and leave your home immediately. Head for a safe location and call SoCoGas Company at 1-(800)-427-2200 to report any pipeline damage. Remember, no damage is too small to report. Once you know everything is safe, call Mike Diamond Services for gas leak repair services in Los Angeles, Orange county and surrounding Southern California metro.
- DO NOT turn start car engines or anything else that could cause a spark in your garage.
- DO NOT use light switches or any electrical device, including a telephone, which could cause a spark.
- DO NOT attempt to control the leak or repair the damaged pipe or meter.
How to Prevent Gas Leaks
- Call 811 Before Digging Always call a professional before you start digging in your yard or around your home. This is the most common reasons why accidents happen. Check out the “Call Before You Dig” site here for more information.
- Inspect Gas Lines Walk around your home and visually inspect all of your gas lines. Look for corrosion and breakage. These are signs that you either have a gas leak or could have a leak in the near future. Contact us if you notice anything that doesn’t look correct. Our technicians can give you an expert opinion on the health of your gas lines.
- Only Hire a Licensed Plumber Too often, our plumbers are fixing work that was done improperly the first time. Choosing your plumbing contractor on a price basis alone is not sufficient. Only a licensed plumber can perform test and installation of new gas lines.
Install an Earthquake Shut-Off Valve Today!
In the event of a seismic earthquake of 5.1 or higher, this valve will automatically shut off the gas coming into your home. Everyone in Southern California should install an Earthquake Shut-Off Valve to protect your home from the risk of a gas leak. The last thing you want if for your home to catch fire during an earthquake when emergency resources are the most strained. Learn more about these valves by contacting us today!
Who Do You Call to Fix A Gas Leak?
If you live in Los Angeles or Orange County, you call Mike Diamond. We are your local 24/7 emergency plumbers for all gas plumbing issues. Your safety is our priority. Trust us with your home and your plumbing.